Image Map

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Broccoli & Bacon Salad

I was given this recipe from my sister. She has made it a few times and I love it the more and more she makes it. Even though I have been married for almost 5 years this is 1 recipe I haven't gotten from her. I was determined to receive this recipe. I made it and it is DELICIOUS! I gave a baby shower for my dear friend Sarah over at High Heels and Grills this last Saturday. Everyone raved about this salad. I am pretty sure everyone there had at least 2 servings! It was so fun to see everyone enjoy the same thing! This is a wonderful salad for the any time of the year!! I can't wait to keep making it for parties and get-togethers all year long. 




Broccoli & Bacon Salad

4 c. chopped broccoli florets
8-10 slices cooked bacon- diced
3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Dressing:
1 c. Light Mayo
(less than) 1/4 c. Sugar
2 T. White vinegar

Combine broccoli, bacon and cheddar cheese in a bowl. Combine mayo, sugar and vinegar in another bowl and pour over the broccoli and bacon mix. Refrigerate and serve. DELISH!

*I made this the night before the baby shower and it was perfect! It didn't change the texture of the salad at all! So this is GREAT to make ahead of time for parties or company. 

*If you like onion this is optional. You can mince 1/4 of a red onion and put that in the salad. I am not a fan of the red onion so I don't put it in our salad. The choice is up to you!



--------------------------------------



My friend Helen over at Well-Being Secrets has made a huge article of the health benefits of broccoli! It is AMAZING! 
Check out how this super vegetable can help your body and taste delicious!
Click HERE to visit her article and see some of her favorite broccoli recipes.



Linking up here

15 comments:

  1. Why do I want to make everything you post? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Looks amazing!! There's a new LINK-UP Party going on at thet2women.com and we would love to feature your post!! Here's the link: http://thet2women.com/welcome-to-one-sharendipity-place-link-up-2/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite salads! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #13.

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of red onion, but when Vidalia (sweet) onions are in season, they work very well in this salad. I have been making this salad for a few years and it works well with/without the onions.

    Sometimes I substitute bacon bits (made from real bacon) if I do not have bacon on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Grandma makes this.. she also adds cauliflower, and celery to it.. so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this raw or cooked broccoli?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a excellent recipe. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is always our favorite side at Ruby Tuesday. I just made it for the 1st time. I added sunflower seeds and raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is 1 am here and there is nothing in my fridge. Do you know my feeling when I see these delicious foods :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you know how many servings this is? I'm making it for a party on Sunday and I need to know if I should double the recipe. Everyone is already excited about it! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably 6-8 servings- If you have a large group, I would definitely double it. This salad is a BIG hit whenever I make it. People always get seconds and thirds until it's gone! It's always better to make more then not have enough.

      Delete
    2. Good to know! Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly. =)

      Delete
  11. Absolutely LOVE this recipe - making it now for our hospice group lodge dinner tonight. Making a double batch to share. LOVE your recipes!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete